Tuesday, April 24, 2012

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #106 ~ A Little Rough Around the Edges

Hi ALL!  It is Cheryl back this week as hostess and I have picked for a theme "A Little Rough Around the Edges".  Sometimes a little roughness adds interest and beauty to someone or something.  With that in mind...our challenge to you is this...add a little burlap on your project somewhere.  I just love the look of burlap...that little bit of roughness...of texture it can add to a project.  Sooooo don't be scared to be a little rough around the edges and grab ahold of some burlap and get going.  I can't wait to view your projects this week! 

~ Cheryl Nelson

Week 106 ~ A Little Rough Around the Edges


Guest Designer

Get to know Michelle......


Hello everyone! It's such a pleasure to be here at City Crafter Challenge Blog!!! I'm Michelle, wife of 12 years to my awesome husband Chris, mom to 3 super kids, Emma, Natalie and Christopher,  and lover of all crafts!!! I've been crafting since I was little, because of my mom, who loves to craft! I started my first blog post in October of 2010 and have loved every second of it! Cards are my favorite but I am beginning to love creating home decor and gifts. There is nothing better than reading comments from wonderful people like you, who too, have a passion for crafting!! Thank you, Kirsty!

Michelle Bala
Please stop by Michelle's blog to see more picture of her lovely creation

Design Team
Now let's see what creativity has poured forth from our design team

Cheryl Nelson

Ros Crawford

Kirsty Vitteote

Linda Robinson

Take Note
You are welcome to submit any type of project based on the theme and enter as many times as you wish, but we do hope that the creation is new and original, please do not link creation that have been posted prior to the day of the current challenges. We are looking after our wonderful sponsors who donate time, prizes, and effort with full focus on them, to be eligible for the prize -

No direct selling links are allowed here
Please mention City Crafter Challenge Blog and provide a link back to us
Please do not cross-promote event unrelated to City Crafter Challenge Blog
Link your direct post of the challenge and not your entire blog


Prize

This week, we are proud and very excited to have Little Things for Cute Creations as our sponsor.
The winner will get a $15 gift certificate to shop at

Here's what Evgenia, the owner of Little Things for Cute Creations said about her Etsy shop:

In my little etsy shop you can find some lovely die-cuts, lots of different ribbon, some of which is quite unique, nice flowers, baker twine...
We are in South Africa, but ship all over the world.

If I were you, I will hop right on to Evgenia's Etsy shop to take a look, you are not going to be disappointed for sure, lots of lovely stuff there

To Play Along
Upload your creation to your blog or online gallery, if you add your photo to an online gallery, please use code CCCB#106 so we could easily find your creation, then link here with the direct link, not your entire blog. Don't forget to link back to our blog so more people can join in the fun!

Submit
Challenge ends April 30th, 2012 at 11.59 PM (EST)
We would love you to play along, so come on and join us!

If you have difficulties using Inlinkz, please email citycrafter@gmail.com. We will try our best to help you with your questions.

Winner
Thanks for playing along, we had so much fun with last week's "Just a hint of PINK" challenge, here's our winners for week 105


and our Spotlight Artists are


Congratulations to all, please feel free to grab your winner/spotlight artists badge and display it proudly on your side bar
Tammy, please send an email with to citycrafter@gmail.com so we could get you set up for the Guest Designer Spot. You have till May 1st to do that.
Thanks to all who sent in your entry for our week 105 challenge, hope to see you play along with our current challenge "A Little Rough Around the Edges"





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the highlight! Love the DT projects as usual they are all fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, such fabulous inspiration from the Designers!

    I frayed my burlap to remove strings and use them on my tag ... I hope that qualifies for the challenge.

    Thanks for another fun one, Ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects DT ladies... Love them all... I love burlap... I know ..So last minute... I decided to link up... thanks for the chance... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for picking my card for your spotlight xx

    ReplyDelete